Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival, NY

I just spent a wonderful weekend in NY at the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival with Wendy, Melissa, Cathy and Kelly. We all met in Philadelphia at Melissa's home and then drove to NY together.

 Rhinebeck is a lovely little town on the Hudson River filled with quaint stores and good restarants.

 Besides all the wonderful fiber there were sheep, lama and alpaca auctions and shearing. It was quiet an education visiting the barns filled with animals and learning about all the different types of wool.




 This was our combined purchases for Day 1. We could not resist the wonderful hand dyes and the natural fibers.

 There was also a great feltmaker who encouraged Melissa and Wendy to try on her wares. No new purchases here but a few laughs.


 Day 2's stash. We are all set for our winter projects.

 On Monday we went to The American Culinary Institute for lunch. What a treat we had an unforgettable lunch with an assortment of desserts to share.









Thanks Melissa, Wendy, Cathy and Kelly for such a fun weekend. Looking forward to seeing your knitted projects.
I am on my way to Calgary to teach for my dear friend Deirdre who owns 'Out of Hand'. I am looking forward to sharing my students projects.
Keep Stitching
Sue

4 comments:

  1. I love the curly sheep, think I have some of that in my stash, lol.
    Sad when I see all those beautiful critters and think of stealing their coats;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful yarn! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished trolling through the website - man, even in the short time since I found you - when was it? A year ago? Two? You've grown as a business into something huge and wonderful. And in this economy. That's really something to be proud of. I envy this - not only that you are doing what you love, but that you have the creative support and the drive to take hold and make a dream into a life. I guess mine has just gone a different way, but your grass looks very green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ¡¡PRECIOSAS LANAS¡¡
    ¡¡PRECIOSOS COLORES¡¡
    ¡¡PRECIOSAS LABORES¡¡
    SALUDOS.
    NIEVES-Mª.

    ReplyDelete